20 Feb 2010

Durex Sensilube

Durex Sensilube
Intimate Moisturising Gel

My first positive thoughts about Durex Sensilube is the discrete packaging, looking at the box you wouldn't realise that this is lubricant for personal use. As you can see from the image above the box is white with quite feminine illustrations and design, the Durex logo is tiny in the bottom corner, all in all the box looks like some kind of moisturiser or medication.

So why am I obsessed about the design - let me tell you:

I once brought two bottles of Durex Play - one that heats up and one that cools down on reaction to your skin. They were on offer (which is why I brought two bottles) in Sainsbury's. Now I don't know if you have ever seen the Durex Play lubricant bottles but they are brightly coloured and obvious from 100 yards what they are!

Usually buying personal items doesn't faze me, I have purchased pile cream (for my tattoo!) in my local Tesco where everyone knows me and haven't batted an eyelid, but on the Durex Play occasion all I had on the conveyor belt was bread, milk and two very colourful bottles of intimate sexual pleasure lubricant .... and who do was behind us in the queue but Emma's school teacher!
I don't know who was more embarrassed me or her? I just paid for my purchases and left red faced.

Now if I had brought Sensilube then she wouldn't have noticed my products on the conveyor belt ;) see? that's why I like the design.

However ..... the bottle inside looks like ear drops!!!!
Its not 'sexy', its not something that you could casually introduce into foreplay ... its hideous!
Think of a plain boring bottle of antibiotic ear drops and enlarge it by 400 times and you have the bottle of Sensilube.

But looks aside ... does it work?
The liquid is clear with no fragrance, slightly cooling on touch with the skin it has been designed to mimic the bodies natural intimate moisture.

Its a liquid but it goes jellylike when you try to rub it in (or 'on' as the case my be) it gets absorbed into your skin quite quickly which could be a problem as trust me you wouldn't want to keep whipping this bottle up to 'oil' up mid-passion!

Sensilube gently replaces lost moisture to help treat dryness in intimate areas, experienced by millions of women and commonly caused by hormonal changes, exercise, sensitivity to wash products, sanitary protection products and intercourse with your partner.
I have talked about its use during intercourse but its also useful for anytime that you are a little dry or uncomfortable.

How to use Sensilube Intimate Moisturising Gel:
Remove the cap. Squeeze a drop of Sensilube Intimate Moisturising Gel on your fingers tip and gently apply to the entrance of the vagina.
Use as required, depending on your individual needs.

Sensilube Intimate Moisturising Gel is not a contraceptive, but can be used with condoms.

Store Sensilube Intimate Moisturising Gel in a cool, dry place at room temperature away from direct sunlight.

The lubricant is PH friendly and Gynaecologically tested (is it just me that laughs ... where else would you test it?), suitable for all women but please test a small amount before slathering your nether regions 'just in case' of a reaction as you would with all intimate products.

For more information please visit: http://www.sensilube.co.uk/
Sensilube is available from leading pharmacies and online at http://shop.durex.com/en-gb/Pages/default.aspx sold in 40ml bottles and priced at £5.89. If symptoms persist contact your doctor.

No comments: